Michelle's Pillow Talk
BLOG HOME
Author Michelle M Pillow's take on important events. *cough* Yeah, that's it.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Writing for Virgin
OK, so how many of you opened this up thinking I was talking about pure Medieval Heroines, virtuous and untouched and yet somehow ready to be taken by a real man? I do have those books, but that's for another blog.

The Virgin I mean is Virgin publishing, out of the UK. I've been lucky enough to sign on their CHEEK line, with the books


Fierce Competition
and
Opposites Attract


It's a great writing gig, one that came up from doing a short story (my first) for their Wicked Words Anthology -- Sex in the Office. Is it me, or is this a kewl cover?


Wicked Words, for me, started as a nice little writing credit to my resume. I honestly never thought one short story could lead to 4 full length contracts with more on the horizon. I guess they (whoever the they are who says it) are right, that putting yourself out there can really pay off.

As a US author, it was strange at first to switch over to UK English. Hey, I've been barely speaking US English my whole life. I still mispronounce words, even when I know the right way of saying it. Then there are the times I've used all my words up writing and nothing comes out right when I try to speak.

Right now, Virgin books are print only titles (sorry, ebook fans). They're erotic in nature, very light (especially when compared to my other works--like Realm Immortal and Tribes of the Vampire ) and filled with strong, modern day women who know that there is a life beyond Prince Charming. But that doesn't mean there isn't place within them for the right man, the man who accepts them as they are. *insert girlie sigh here*

My third and fourth CHEEK books are part of a new series, Bit by the Bug book one, now for preorder on Amazon.com or AmazonUK.com

and the second, Along for the Ride (contracts just signed today!!)

These books focus on the Matthews sisters--five very different, yet interlinked women who are all finding their way. In book one, Kat, a photographer hasn't got rose colored notions of romantic love. Her love is for her work, for creating something so beautiful it stand the test of time. When she's offered a chance of a lifetime--the opportunity to show her work in NY's upscale gallery, Fax Paus-- she's willing to do anything. Even if that means dating a bug scientist and breaking him out of his shell. It releases Feb 2007.

Along for the Ride, is Megan's book--a New York Detective whose sudden fame in the arrest of a serial killer is affecting not only her job but her love life. And, the one man she blames for that fame, is suddenly telling everyone they're engaged. It should release Mid to Late 2007.

The rest of the Matthews sisters are planned to follow. I love these girls. They remind me of how sisters should be--teasing, tormenting and yet utterly supportive and willing to beat anyone to a pulp who dares to hurt any of the others. Throw in a quirky tea-leaf reading mother and a professor father and you got yourself a book or five. ;)

I hope you, my readers, will all give these books a read and tell me what you think. They feel so different to write than my paranormals and futuristics, but so far the feedback has been wonderful. I love writing them and know that it's reader support that ultimately gives me my job, so thank you all!
posted by Michelle Pillow @ 11:18 AM  

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:
  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOO HOOO! That's Fantastic! Congrats : ) I can't wait to read these books.

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Blogger Marguerite Arotin said…

    Awesome Michelle :-). I've been meaning to pick up Virgin's Wicked Words anthologies because I've heard they are supposed to be awesome ;-). Now I have a reason to look for more Virgin books ;-).

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Michelle Pillow said…

    Thanks ladies :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Michelle M Pillow!


About Me
Michelle M Pillow
Author of All Things Romance (tm)

Name: Michelle Pillow
Home: United States
About Me: NEW BLOG ADDY:http://michellepillow.com/blog/

Website– www.michellepillow.com

Blog
– http://www.michellepillow.com/blog/

Chat Group
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Raven_Vampire_Nightclub/join

Author Newsletter/Book Notification Group
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/michellempillow/join

Myspace
- http://www.myspace.com/michellepillow

Free Story for Readers
- http://www.ravenhappyhour.com

Podcasts
- http://www.ravenhappyhour.com/raven_podcasts.htm

Raven Blog (paranormal blog with Mandy M Roth)
– http://ravenhappyhour.com/ravenblog

Bookvideos
- http://www.michellepillow.com/videos.htm

Contest
- http://michellepillow.com/blog/?cat=10
See my complete profile

Everyone's welcome to stop by and comment, don't be shy! I tend to keep it relaxed around here.

Want to hear me blog about a topic? Have an idea for a blog theme day? Want your blog on my blogroll? Want to contemplate the different shades of red toenail polish? Feel free to email!
michelle_pillow@yahoo.com

Previous Post
Archives
Michelle's Links

Publisher Links
Support My Research Book Habit!
Simply click here before buying anything on Amazon.com

Author Blog Links
Other Blog Links
Some of My Books
Other Links
Blog for Readers



Weblog Directory - Directory of blogs from all around the world.
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER